1. There will be some days when you close your eyes while crossing the street, maybe because you want to see what fate has in store for you, or maybe because your depression is running rampant again and you don’t know how to calm her. It’s okay. I will still love you.
2. There will be a year, or a series of years when your birthday doesn’t feel special. Celebrate anyway. Because people spent time baking you a cake and buying you cards and even if they’re your family and they’re obligated to, they still love you. Cherish that love. Revel in it. It is the best gift you will ever receive.
3. You will learn that the saddest word in the English language is stay. Whether it’s your mother’s voice whispering it before you leave for college, or your ex-lover’s desperate screams as you walk out of the house, it will always be a hard word to hear. Sometimes you should listen to it, other times you shouldn’t. Trust yourself. Go with your gut.
4. Along with hearing the word stay, you will also hear the word why from every person who is remotely related to you. Why did you get that tattoo? Why did you try to kill yourself? Why aren’t you married yet? You don’t have to answer them. Be selfish. Keep somethings to yourself.
5. Some nights you won’t be able to sleep. You will lie awake at 2 am and contemplate existentialism and wonder if the French had a point. Get up. Get out of your bed. Do something. Because even if there is no God, what you do matters, who you are matters. You matter to me.
6. Some days you will want to run away and never return. So go. Drive to a small town in the Northwest, maybe Oregon, and settle down there for a while. Tell people your name is Elizabeth, because you loved Jane Austen as a child and because this a town full of strangers and who’s to know the difference? Don’t be selfish. Call your mother each night and remind her that you love her. Come back home when you find yourself seeing your sadness painted in the shadows, and when you feel more at home in the arms of a stranger than on your own.
7. There will be several nights when you lose yourself in the medicine cabinet, because liquor and morphine seem like a faster cure than time. It’s okay. I will still love you in the morning.
8. One day, in the midst of work, you will learn to forgive. It will start out with a simple reminder of the past, maybe a facebook notification from an old schoolmate or a wedding announcement from an ex-lover. In that moment you will learn that yearning for the past isn’t romantic, it’s stupid, and that if Gatsby had just let go of the green light he would’ve lived. So forgive your past, it didn’t know any better, and move on.
9. Leaving home will hurt, but soon you will learn that home isn’t a place but a feeling, and that there is a compass on your heart that points directly to that feeling. Follow that compass. Don’t get sidetracked by boys who don’t care or alcohol that doesn’t forgive. If you follow that compass, no matter how lost you get, you will always have a home.
10. The hardest lesson you will ever learn will be to love yourself. But you can do it. There will always be days when you hate yourself, days when you wish you had never been born. But darling you are beautiful, and if Shakespeare had met you you would’ve inspired his 18th sonnet, and if Monet had known you he would’ve given up painting water lilies and chosen to paint you instead. I know it’s hard to love yourself, but sometimes it’s okay to be a little selfish with your love.
11. When you begin to feel worthless, remember that the stars died for you. You are made of elements that are thousands of years old, elements that make up every atom of your being. When you want to cut your wrists, remember that the souls of stars live in your veins. Don’t kill them. Don’t be selfish.
12. Some days will be beautiful. Live for those days. Live for the days when the sun shines on your soul and the smile on your face isn’t forced. Live for the days when you don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks because your scars are a part of your story and you don’t need someone else’s approval to wear them with pride.
Live for the life you always wanted but were too scared to pursue.
Live for you. Live for me. Live for every person who has ever loved you, for the people who have come before you so that you may be here today.
Live for the fire that burns in your soul, that tells you: keep going, you’re almost there, just a little farther. Because when Rome burned down the emperor didn’t run away, he stayed and he sang for his people. Stay. Sing for your people. Sing for us.
Are you listening? Because this is your life, singing a siren song to capture your attention and steer away from the rocks, to guide you back home."
self-respect is my respect for myself
i could as well suck 3 thousand dicks and still respect myself so shut the fuck up
Hell I would respect u for sucking 3 thousand dicks
ladies, i am fucking serious
every time some boy tries to embarrass you, make you look weak, make you feel afraid, i want you to look in his eyes, right down into his pupils, and remember that he is nothing compared to you, that he isn’t even an animal because even animals can be brought to heel
and anybody that tries to make you scared of them deserves to be scared of you
I finally found one that isn't lame
- 1. If you’ve ever tried drugs or alcohol, what was your reason for first trying it?
- 2. Do you think you could ever have an abortion if you unexpectedly turned up pregnant right this second?
- 3. If you were far from home and needed to sleep for the night, would you choose to rent a crappy motel room for $60 or sleep in your car for free?
- 4. Is there a color shirt you’d NEVER wear?
- 5. Is there a situation where you caved into peer pressure and regretted it?
- 6. What is your favorite video game console? Why?
- 7. Do you like vanilla candles?
- 8. Have you ever been in a relationship that was going great, and then suddenly something weird happened and you just KNEW it was going to be over soon?
- 9. Would you ever bleach your hair platinum blonde?
- 10. What are your plans for tomorrow?
- 11. What did you have for breakfast?
- 12. Have you had sex in 2013 yet?
- 13. Who last slept in your bed besides you?
- 14. What time did you wake up today?
- 15. How long until your next birthday?
- 16. What was the last movie you watched?
- 17. If you could see any musician live, front row, who would you choose?
- 18. When did you last consume something that had peanut butter?
- 19. What’s the last song you heard?
- 20. When you say you love someone, do you mean it?
- 21. Do you plan on sleeping in tomorrow?
- 22. Do you still talk to any of your ex’s?
- 23. As of this minute, what is going through your mind?
- 24. Where’s the last place you went?
- 25. Have you held hands with anyone lately?
- 26. Has anyone let you down recently?
- 27. Does it bother you when people try to make you jealous?
- 28. Whats the next movie you want to see in theaters?
- 29. Do you have more than $50 in your room?
- 30. Are both of your blood parents still in your life?
- 31. Were you tired when you woke up this morning?
- 32. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
- 33. When was the last time you went apple picking?
- 34. Do you sometimes wake up in the morning, lay in bed and think about life?
- 35. Are you happy summer is coming soon?
- 36. Do you have drama in your life?
- Do it! Do it! Do it!
You are not a pear, you are not an hourglass, you are not an apple; you are a human being, with bumps and crevices and scars. You are a million shapes rolled into one. You are a universe within yourself. You are a human being, and you are magnificent.
Its hard for people without depression to understand when some days that just dropping a cup of water will bring you to tears because they think oh this is just one little thing but you see it as oh my god I can’t even get water without fucking up and now I’ve made a huge mess I shouldn’t even try